You are Here: Home > Screen Reader Access
Screen Reader Access
The National Institute for the Empowerment of Persons with Intellectual Disabilities (Formerly National Institute for the Mentally Handicapped) website complies with World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 level AA. This will enable people with visual impairments access the website using assistive technologies, such as screen readers. The information of the website is accessible with different screen readers, such as JAWS, NVDA, SAFA, Supernova and Window-Eyes.
Following table lists the information about different screen readers
Information related to the various screen readers
Screen Reader Website Free / Commercial Screen Access For All (SAFA) Free Non Visual Desktop Access Free System Access To Go Free Thunder http://www.screenreader.net/index.php?pageid=2 Free Hal http://www.yourdolphin.co.uk/productdetail.asp?id=5 Commercial JAWS http://www.freedomscientific.com/jaws-hq.asp Commercial Supernova http://www.yourdolphin.co.uk/productdetail.asp?id=1 Commercial Window-Eyes http://www.gwmicro.com/Window-Eyes/ Commercial
Use the accessibility options provided by this Web site to control the screen display. These options allow increasing the text spacing, changing the text size and color scheme for clear visibility and better readability.
Changing the Text Size
Changing the size of the text refers to making the text appearing smaller or bigger from its standard size. There are five options provided to you to set the size of the text that affect readability.
• Largest: Displays information in the largest font size.
• Larger: Displays information in a font size larger than the standard font size.
• Medium: Displays information in a standard font size, which is the default size.
• Smallest: Displays information in a font size smaller than the standard font size.
• Smallest: Displays information in the smallest font size.
• The website allows you to change the text size in two different ways, by clicking on the text size icons present at the top of each page and through the Accessibility Options page.
Text Size Icons
• The Following different options are provided in the form of icons which are available on the top of each page:
• Decrease Text Size: Allows to Decrease The Text Size Up to two levels
• Normal Text Size:Allows to set Default Text Size
• Increase Text Size:Allows to increase the Text size up to two levels